Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Introduction to Sandhills Dog Training in West End, North Carolina

During the summer of 2010, my dog Oreo, my four cats, two horses and, and one gecko and myself, Abby Ganin-Toporek, relocated from New York to West End, North Carolina.  I had spent the previous six years running a dog walking/pet sitting business in New York.  After dealing with the brutal winters while caring for the pets, I decided to move to an area that would provide me with more moderate temperatures, but still allow me to enjoy the different seasons.  My love of all the dogs and various other pets encouraged me to start up the business when I relocated.

As my relationship with many of my clients and their dogs began to grow, I found them asking for my advice in training and problem behaviors.  That was the aspect of my business that motivated me to return to it and become a certified dog trainer.  My training was very intense.   It included lectures and readings on all subjects from basic obedience to dominant aggression issues.  There was hands on work with various breeds that had been owner surrendered; from shelters; and from rescue groups.

The background that I have from my business as well as from my training along with the volunteering that I am presently doing at Moore Humane Society, has given me the opportunity to work with various breeds of all ages as well as many types of behavior issues.

My philosophy in training is based entirely on positive reinforcement.  It is a method that I have found that takes a great amount of patience and perseverance but the long-term benefit when reinforced on a regular basis will make a well-balanced dog and welcome member of any family.

At the moment, I will be offering private in-home lessons and in-kennel training.  From puppies to adult dogs; from basic obedience to behavior modification; I will be able to train your dog as well as guide you to acquire the skills to build a better relationship with your dog.

Don't hesitate to contact me to discuss your individual needs and to set up a consultation appointment to discuss the benefits for you and your dog working with Sandhills Dog Training LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment